Black Bean Vegi Burgers
This is identical to my falafel burger recipe but with black beans instead of chickpeas for a nice alternative.
Makes 4 burgers
400g tin of black beans
1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons of cumin powder
2 teaspoons of coriander powder
1 teaspoon of extra hot chilli powder
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
1 tablespoon of plain flour
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Frylight olive oil spray
1. Drain and rinse the black beans and then pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Put the black beans in a food processor with the onion, garlic, chilli flakes, spices, flour, lemon juice and a little salt.
3. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four burgers.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins, preferably longer.
5. Spray the oil in a frying pan and fry them for 5 mins on each side or until cooked.
Here is what the patties look like before chilling and cooking: