Puy Lentil and Spinach Soup
This is another recipe adapted from one of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s, it’s a lovely substantial soup featuring my favourite lentils.
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, chopped
A few sprigs of thyme, leaves only, roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
200g tin of chopped tomatoes without the juice
150g puy lentils or lentilles vertes, rinsed well
1.3 litres of vegetable stock
Small bunch of parsley, chopped
100g baby spinach
Freshly ground black pepper
Frylight olive oil spray
1. Spray the cold pan with Frylight olive oil spray (I used 20 sprays), heat the pan and then saute the onion, carrot and thyme for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for another minute.
3. Add the lentils, stock and a little salt and pepper.
4. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils are tender.
5. Add the parsley and spinach and simmer for 5 minutes.