Cauliflower Capsicum Sabzi
I had a glut of cauliflower I needed to use up so I combined several recipes to make this cauliflower and green bell pepper curry. Easy to make and very healthy.
Makes 4 servings
500g Cauliflower florets
1 Green pepper, thinly sliced
2 red chillis
4 cloves of garlic
2″ piece of ginger, chopped fine
200g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 teaspoons of cumin powder
2 tablespoons of coriander powder
2 teaspoons of extra hot chilli powder
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 Cardamom pod
2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves
Frylight sunflower oil spray
1. Boil the cauliflower florets in water for 3 minutes then rinse in cold water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and saute onion for 5-6 minutes until translucent.
3. Add the ginger, garlic and chillis and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and little salt and cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add the chilli powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, cardamom and black pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add the cauliflower and green pepper and 240ml of water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add the dried fenugreek leaves and cook for 5 minutes or until you get the consistency you want.