Green Vegetable Medley
Here’s something very quick and simple that I’ve been eating a lot of lately, just three different types of green veg tossed with a parsley, mint, herb and lemon dressing. Just as nice as the pre-packed Tesco version that inspired it but comes in at under 40p compared to their £2. Makes a really tasty and surprisingly satisfying lunch served with some breaded Quorn mini fillets or similar.
80g Broccoli Florets
80g Green Beans
80g Garden Peas
1/2 tablespoon margarine
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon of dried mint
1/4 teaspoon of dried chives
1. Cook the veg, I’ve been using frozen veg so it’s a few minutes in the microwave for each.
2. Melt the margarine in the microwave, a few seconds should do it.
3. Crush the dried herbs in a mortar and pestle and mix into the melted margarine with the lemon juice.
4. Mix the veg together, pour the dressing over and toss to cover.
5. Microwave it for another 20 seconds.