Celeriac Chips with Roast Broccoli & Brussel Sprouts
After my swede chips were such a success I had to try it with celeriac, this time I went for chunkier chips and added some curry powder and had them with roast broccoli and roast brussel sprouts which made a nice lunch while I was working from home today. The chips worked brilliantly, probably better than the swede ones.
200g celeriac, cut into chunky chips
100g broccoli florets
100g brussel sprouts, cut in half
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Half teaspoon of curry powder
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Frylight olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 7
2. Peel the celeriac and cut into chunky chip shapes or wedges if you prefer, allowing for shrinkage when cooked (they don’t shrink as much as the swede chips though).
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the chips, return to the boil and boil for 3 minutes.
4. Drain the chips well then spray well with the oil making sure they are all covered and toss with the curry powder and some salt and black pepper.
5. Cut the ends off the brussel sprouts and remove any loose outer leaves then cut in half and spray with oil and season with salt.
6. Spray the baking tray with oil and lay the chips and sprouts out on it and bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile cut the broccoli into small florets, season with salt and pepper, spray well with the oil and toss with the garlic.
8. Remove the chips & sprouts from the oven and shake to turn, add the broccoli and return to the oven for another 20 minutes until the broccoli is crisp and starting to brown and the chips are golden.