Paprika Quorn Fillets
I came up with this recipe to use up a pack of quorn fillets I had in the freezer, the result of one of those special offers that seemed a good idea at the time. I had it with some carrot and swede mash but plain old mashed potato or a baked potato would also work well. It also makes a nice quick lunch reheated in the microwave and served on a slice of crusty toast.
Makes 6 servings.
6 Quorn fillets, each cut into 4 pieces
2 medium onions halved and finely sliced
4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
3 red chilli, chopped
1 red pepper, cut into 2cm chunks
1 green pepper, cut into 2cm chunks
1 yellow pepper, cut into 2cm chunks
400 ml vegetable stock
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons extra hot chilli powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 bay leaves
1/2 tablespoon rapeseed oil
1. Heat oil in a large pan and fry the onions over a medium heat for around 8 mins until softened and lightly coloured.
2. Add the garlic, paprika and chilli powder and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, stock, bay leaves, black pepper, oregano and basil then cover and cook for 15 mins.
4. Add the chillis and peppers and bring to a gentle simmer and cook for another 10 mins.
4. Add the quorn and cook for another 12-15 mins until heated through.