Mixed Bean Goulash
This rustic bean goulash is delicious served on its own or with some crusty bread or with a baked potato. For the beans I used a tin of “Napolina Five Bean Salad” which gives a good mix of different beans but any mix of beans will do. Makes 2 servings.
400g tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed
400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 red chillis, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of extra hot chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Saute the onion in a large pan for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin and chilli powder and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, water and salt & pepper.
4. Simmer gently for 10 minutes until thickened.
5. Add the mixed beans and cook for another 5 minutes or until the beans are heated through.