Carrot, Chilli and Coriander Soup
This is a pretty standard classic carrot and coriander soup recipe but with the addition of the magic ingredient and a little bit more garlic. Perfect with a bit of crusty bread. Makes 4 servings.
450g Carrots, chopped
1 potato, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
3 Red chillis, chopped
4 Cloves of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons of ground coriander
2 pints of vegetable stock
Good handful of chopped fresh coriander
Squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 mins until the onion is softened.
2. Stir in the ground coriander, chilli and potato, then cook for 1 min.
3. Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
4. Stir in the fresh coriander and blend with a wand blender.
5. Add the lemon juice and season to taste.