This is another recipe from The Complete Book of Bread & Bread Machines. The result looks and tastes fantastic, the beetroot adding some sweetness and that lovely pink colour to the crust, it makes a great cheese sandwich.
280g grated raw beetroot
4 spring onions, chopped
675g Strong white bread flour
40g unsalted butter
2 teaspoons salt
1.5 teaspoons sugar
1.5 tsp fast action dried yeast
1. Peel the beetroot and grate coarsley, chop the spring onions.
2. Pour the water into the bread pan and sprinkle the grated beetroot on top.
3. Add the chopped spring onions.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the top covering everything.
5. Add the salt, sugar and butter in different corners (Cut the butter into small pieces)
6. Make an indentation in the middle of the flour and add the yeast
7. Cook on Basic mode, medium crust, 2lb