This tasty curry made with chickpeas originates from North India and is quick to make and goes well with naan, chapati or boiled rice.
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 x 200g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped fine
2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
3 cm ginger, chopped fine
1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
1 teaspoon extra hot chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon amchur powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for 8-9 minutes until caramelised.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric and chilli powder and cook for another minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas and stir well.
4. Add 125ml of water then cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the chickpeas are cooked.
5. Add the the garam masala and amchur and cook for another minute while mashing a few of the chickpeas.
6. Stir in the fresh coriander and server with naan, chapati or boiled rice.