Glamorgan sausages are a tasty traditional Welsh vegetarian sausage made with cheese (usually Caerphilly), leeks and breadcrumbs. These are great hot or cold and you can easily spice them up with some curry or chilli powder or add some extra herbs.
55g baby leeks or spring onions, finely chopped
140g caerphilly cheese, grated
175g fresh white bread crumbs
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon snipped chives
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 rounded teaspoon English mustard powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 egg yolks
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp oil
1. Mix the grated cheese with 115g of the breadcrumbs. Add the chopped leeks (or spring onion), garlic, herbs and mustard and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Stir in the egg yolks and mix well. Divide the mixture into eight even pieces and roll each piece into a sausage shape.
3. Dip the sausages into the beaten egg and then coat with the remaining breadcrumbs.
4. Cover with cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages for about 5 minutes or so, until golden brown on the outside.