Chilli and cheese loaded potato skins
Delicious cheese and chilli loaded potato skins. Great on their own or as an accompaniment for a chilli.
From an original recipe by Chilli Up North.
4 medium or small potatoes (nice floury ones like maris piper are best)
1 ball of mozzarella
2 tablespoons of Discovery pickled red jalapeños
2 tablespoons of soured cream
small handful of grated cheddar cheese
1 small red onion (chopped)
Salt + Pepper
1. Pre heat oven to Gas Mark 7
2. Rub potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on.
3. Prick potatoes and place in the oven until crispy on the outside. (approx 1 hr)
4. Allow to cool for 10 mins then carefully scoop out the potato from the inside into a bowl, leaving roughly a 1cm thick layer.
5. Place the potatoes back in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up the skins while preparing the filling
6. Mash the other ingredients with the potato using a fork and spoon back into the empty skins
7. Sprinkle over the grated cheddar
8. Cook until golden and crispy